Christmas Tree
Since Jacob insists on a real Christmas tree, I insist on getting it early so I can enjoy the smell and not enjoy cleaning up the needles as long as possible. So far, we're forming a fun tradition of the men getting the tree ready (Speed loves saws apparently) and then the family decorates the tree during the First Presidency Christmas Devotional the first Sunday in December. As usual, the ornaments slowly crept up the tree as the month went on. Sure sign of a small child in the house: a mostly bare-bottomed tree.
Getting the tree ready
Here are the non-glass ornaments: go!
We tried so hard to distract him with his own toys
Carefully place it, Zizah, don't throw it.
The finished product
Gingerbread Houses
My sister-in-law was awesome enough to make some gingerbread and graham cracker houses again this year for us to decorate. The kids (okay, and me too) really enjoy this activity both for the creative aspect and the more candy on the table than you can possibly eat aspect.
My nephew did give me the genius idea of incorporating the Grinch into my house. I really liked how it turned out.
Hard at work
With the finished products
Hazel's
Speed's
Front view of mine
Back view of mine
Thor says: there's candy here??
Glendale Glitters
Another Monday evening in December, I convinced the family and the in-laws to go check out Glendale Glitters, which is basically the City of Glendale's free light show (we're right next to the border with Glendale). We got some delicious Pete's first and then headed over. I was really glad that we ended up going on a regular night instead of one of the festival nights. I'm sure the traffic and crowds were so easy because it was just the lights and nothing extra that night.
At Pete's during dinner - it was pretty chilly but she REFUSED to wear her jacket
Hanging with the cousins
Speed and his favorite tree
Hazel and her favorite tree
The whole group (minus our photographer)
Jacob and me
Me and my girls
















No comments:
Post a Comment