Pre-Easter
Easter fell on General Conference weekend this year which meant no regular church on Sunday which meant no pretty dress-up pictures from that day. For whatever reason, I seem to always take at least a couple of pictures of the family or at least just the kids on Easter Sunday, probably because we're all usually so dressed up. In any case, I had everyone dress up in their fun (but not new this year) clothes the Sunday before and take some pictures. We got a few good ones though this was between naps so not everyone was cooperative.
Our pretty Hazel
Sisters
Showing off both her cute Jamberry nails and her concerned face
In case you were wondering where Speed was during this...
Why, hello, ladies...
On second thought, this sucker stick is gross (duh, kid)
He makes awesome faces
See: funny faces
Apparently my joke didn't go over well
Zizah kept looking up so I told all the kids to look up. So Zizah did this.
And this.
Trick-or-treating on Easter. Why not?
Thor woke up!
This was the only shot I got of all four kids before Thor was DONE.
He did pose by himself a bit later.
Easter Eggs
I've managed to color Easter eggs (the traditional way) just a handful of times in my life. Honestly....I find it overrated. ::ducks the shoes and rotten fruit:: I just....don't care that much about it. But in the interest of being festive and doing fun stuff as a family, I decided last year that we'd color Easter eggs MY way. With papers and crayons and colored pencils. I liked it so much last year that I think we might just always do it this way. We hang them on the front door when we're done and they compromise our Easter decorations for the year. Bonus points to anyone who wants to play guess the artist.
Easter
Our Easter was really fun this year. We did baskets in the morning and Speed was the last one to find his - again. Thor seemed a bit confused but he certainly hammed it up for the camera.
The Easter bunny showed up between sessions of General Conference and despite a few setbacks of certain older kids taking all of the eggs and then leaving wrappers all over the ground....everything else was sunshine and roses.
All of the local family was out of town so we invited some friends over for dinner after General Conference was over. Jacob is a wonderful meal planner so we had a nice schedule of food preparation so it wasn't stressful meal prep. I was apparently stressed enough that I never grabbed the camera though! It was a great dinner - ham, potatoes, deviled eggs, rolls, Italian sodas - the usual.

No comments:
Post a Comment