Hazel had a good time and it was fun watching her and her classmates compete (though the teachers refused to actually keep score). Hazel came home with me when field day was over, partially because we both wanted her to and partially because she was soaking wet. Apparently there had been a flier about wearing a swimsuit or bringing a change of clothes but Hazel either forgot or didn't care. And with our new policy of Hazel shows me what she wants to show me from school, I never saw it either, so I didn't know to give her any reminders or suggestions about it.
The best part about field day, however, is that it means SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER. I'm SOOO excited for summer and no wake-up times, no bed-times, no backpacks, no school! (I just read over that sentence and you'd think that either (1) I was the one in elementary school or (2) I actually did ANY of that stuff for Hazel. Which I don't.)
Spoon relay
My Hazel-girl
Sponge relay
Obstacle course
Tennis ball toss - this was her best event IMO
Hazel and her cousin (he's in 2nd grade)
Foot race
Snow cone
She kept holding it up like that and saying, "I'm the Statue of Liberty! There's snowcone in my torch!"
Frisbee game
Sack race
Sprinklers
Hazel: I'm soaked!!!
Me: Umm...yup.
Tug-of-war
On the third game, she switched to this stance
Then she tried this one. She told me later that her shoulder hurt. I wasn't surprised.
No comments:
Post a Comment