I was pretty excited for Easter this year. I had fun (and a bit of drama - let's just say Hazel might like sequins a bit too much) picking out Easter dresses with the girls and lots of fun setting up their Easter baskets. Hazel and I compromised on a very pretty pink dress, Zizah got a new (to her) dress with butterflies on it and even Speed got a new blue tie. I had stuffed over 100 plastic eggs with candy for a big Easter egg hunt after church and then we were going to have dinner at my sister-in-laws house.
But all that went out the window for me around 3am when I woke up vomiting. :-(
I was bad enough off that Jacob didn't feel comfortable leaving me (remember I was still 8 months pregnant at the time) so we told the kids that we were going to need to stay home from church. Hazel was pretty sad and asked us if she could just go by herself. Since we're in the same ward as our in-laws, we figured they could keep an eye on her so she got dressed and Jacob dropped her off at the building. I was glad she was excited enough about church to want to go for herself and a little sad that she's so grown up now.
The Easter egg hunt was (obviously) canceled and by dinnertime, I was better enough that Jacob felt okay to take the kids over to dinner and leave me to my misery. I was really bummed to pretty much miss the whole day.
I ended up doing a super easy egg hunt that week for just my kids so that the time I spent stuffing those eggs wouldn't go to waste. Jacob was gone at mutual so I told the kids that I'd call the Easter bunny to bring the eggs if they'd go pretend to be asleep. While they hid in their room, I spread the eggs around while I pretended to talk to the Easter bunny. I don't know if Hazel really bought it but she acted like she did for days afterward. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment