Once we finally got there, it was toasty warm but really fun to see all of the trick flying and look at the different aircraft. Certainly brought back some childhood memories for me. :) My kids really liked the part where they did the giant explosions off in the distance - the little pyros.
We only waited in line to go in the Osprey but it was fun for the kids to sit in the seats and look around. Speed had all these questions but when we finally got to the pilot so he could ask them, he got shy so he didn't ask.
Zizah fell asleep in the stroller, which I felt bad for because it was so hot but at least I felt justified lugging that giant thing all the way out there (the stroller, not Zizah). I wanted to go walk down and see the F-35 but Jacob decided my feet were too swollen so I needed to rest. So he went without me. :-P Apparently, it was awesome. But it was also nice to sit and rest and eat our ridiculously overpriced food.
We were going to stay longer but this huge windstorm kicked up, which delayed the Thunderbird show, which was the last thing we were staying for. So we left after only about an hour and a half at the show but we did get to catch a good portion of the Thunderbird show from the parking lot so that was fun. At one point, they made a pretty low pass over the parking lot and set off a ton of car alarms - that gave us a pretty good laugh. It was a kind of crazy day but I'm glad we went and I'm hoping we can go back again and actually see more of what there is to see there.
(I also shameless stole several of these shots from my sister-in-law's blog. Thanks, Tevia!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment