But I did manage to let the kids do a fun Valentine's craft day two Saturdays before, mostly so Hazel could make a box for her valentines from school and make her valentines to give out (her choice - not mine). They had a pretty good time and we finally used a bunch of our stickers that have just been sitting in the kids' craft box for a really long time.
She made her valentines and the box, Speed made a "valentine book" (not sure where he was going with that but it was cute), and Zizah just colored on her paper for a while.
Hazel's box
The other side of the box
Where she wrote her name because she accidentally covered up the first place with stickers :)
Her handmade valentines - we later taped Dumdums on each one the night before
My VERY awesome Valentine's gift from Jacob - Belgian chocolates. Yes, they were DELICIOUS.
Hazel made this at school for her daddy and was SO excited to give it to him on Valentine's Day
And just for fun, here's a video I took while they were doing their craft. I particularly loved Speed's explanation of what his book is about. The story-line appears to follow the Carebears' Nutcracker movie to some degree. I'm sure the similarities are purely coincidental.
No comments:
Post a Comment