Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Deepest Depths of Davy Jones' Locker

Back around the middle of February (yes, I'm still catching up to the present day), Jacob and I discussed how our kids had been really good recently (then). Like, not fighting, not whining when asked to do chores, playing nicely, cleaning up after themselves good. So REALLY good, right? Right. So we decided we should reward them with something a little out of the ordinary.

So one day we got the younger two all ready, picked Hazel up from school in the car, and headed a little bit west. On the way we told the kids that they were going somewhere for a consequence for their recent behavior and that as far as Mom and Dad were concerned, it was the deepest depths of Davy Jones' locker and about the worst place EVER. We laid it on pretty thick. We never used the term "punishment" but we were sure to tell them that we thought they'd hate where we were going because we sure hated it, etc. By the time we arrived at our destination, we had some rather concerned kids. Hazel may have actually been crying a bit, but only a little bit and she was being over-emotional. Or something.

It took a few minutes after we arrived for them to reconcile what they were seeing with what we had said in the car. But I think they recovered nicely, don't you?

 
 






We even made them eat pizza and drink soda and use ALL the tokens we got. And THEN we made them use all their tickets to get prizes! Sigh. I know, I know: we're the meanest parents ever. :-P

1 comment:

Mom said...

The meanest. I bet that you wish that your parents had been that mean.:-)