I just finished sorting our pictures from March and I realized I have a LOT to blog about. I'm hoping if I write down the different posts I want to write, then I won't have to remember in the morning and if I blog the list, it will hold me accountable - which is why I'm writing the list in a post instead of on a paper by my desk that will get eaten by Zizah tomorrow.
1. Zizah's Teeth
2. White Tanks Camping
3. More Fun with Hair Dye (there was a late night beauty supply store run involved - stay tuned)
4. Early Easter Egg Hunt
5. Easter
6. Jacob's Las Vegas Surprise
7. Cooking and Gardening Update
There you go. Be excited. It will probably take most of the week for me to get all those written even though most of it will be pictures. And it will take me most of next week too if we start reading Fablehaven 4 before I finish (love it!).
ALSO....the birthday girl (Happy Birthday, Nicole!!) told me about a replacement for Google Reader (since silly Google people decided Reader is too cool to live) - theoldreader.com. So far, I'm a fan.
But in moving all of my subscriptions over one by one (since Google's "export" function turned into something that's probably a trojan virus), I noticed many of the other family blogs have not been...ahem...active lately? Let's just say most didn't have an entry yet from 2013. Some not even from 2012.
So, to the family blogs: did you die? Go into hibernation? I know we're busy (I lurk enough on Facebook to know that) and blogging isn't as cool as it once was (but let's be honest, I don't get Twitter/Instagram/anything-that-goes-on-a-smart-phone and therefore it scares me) but since I'm apparently old-fashioned on this, let's keep blogging! At least occasionally? At least here if you want to let your family-specific blog go the way of the cyber-earth?
Okay, so that was more whining than ranting but I don't want to rewrite stuff. It's late and I want to go play Professor Layton and then go to sleep.
And just to keep you interested:
Now you're intrigued..... :-P
2 comments:
I will have to stay tuned... I want to hear about the hair and everything else as well!
I'm just so much better at being a blog-lurker than a contributer, but thanks for keeping this one alive and interesting.
Post a Comment