Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Zizah's Teeth

Zizah got her first tooth just before Christmas. That was...not fun. She's not used to much pain you see. And she just generally a wuss in that department. Don't know where she got that from. ::whistles innocently::
Anyway, she made it through her two bottom teeth ok. Then we got a break for a couple of weeks before I noticed the two top ones were going to be coming in soon. I braced myself for bad.
And then all of the sudden, there they were! Or at least, the top edge of both of them. She did definitely gnaw on EVERYTHING but her generally fussiness was pretty mild. At least that's how I remember it. There's a decent possibility Jacob would tell the story differently and that I just wasn't paying attention.
But her smile has definitely gone through some changes in the last month. Just when I was feeling like she maybe wasn't growing up to fast, wasn't getting that big, I see a picture of her from the beginning of March next to a picture of her from the end. Um...pysch. She's getting really big, really fast.
The upside of the teeth is she's much better at feeding herself now that she can bite things. On the downside, she bites things that aren't all exactly...food. None of our other kids really ever tried biting us more than once or twice. And when they did, they were more like 18 months or 2, so they got a normal punishment and talk about not biting people and that was the end of it. But I don't really know how to have that talk with a 10 month old....
It makes it worse that she uses her mouth as a third hand when trying to climb up on things. For example, when she's trying to climb up my legs...Sigh. At least she's so stinking cute.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

I remember Noah using his mouth as a third hand for trying to climb things. Strangely he's also reverted to trying to eat things that are not food. (Thankfully, not me. Mostly it's toys though he has started biting his own arm sometimes. So I just remind him that cannibalism is generally frowned up.)