When Jacob and I were dating freshman year of college, he gave me a white gold heart-shaped locket on a chain. Before he left on his mission, I put a picture of him and a paper where he'd written "I love you" in it. I wore that locket pretty much every day while he was gone and even after he got back. At some point in the first year or two of our marriage, I couldn't find it. I looked for years. And then we moved and I figured it was gone for good. Then we moved again, this time to a different state. We've lived here for over a year and I would still occasionally think about this necklace and how important it was to me and how sad I was that I had lost it.
This morning I was cleaning out the second bedroom because it's just a mess. I opened a small random jewelry box on the sewing table and it had one of my YW medallions in it. Then I lifted the little paper that it was sitting on and I was in shock...


I told Jacob it was going to be a good weekend. :-)
2 comments:
Glad that you found it. That is great!
Hooray! And awww. :)
Post a Comment