Monday, November 16, 2009

The Good News, The Bad News, and The Best News Ever

The Good News: I'm pregnant! :-)

The Bad News: About a week after I found out I was pregnant (we found out about 7 weeks ago to put things into the correct chronological order), I started bleeding. Went to the doctor, found out I had a subchorionic hemorrhage, basically a bleed in the uterus behind the placenta that had cause a lovely, large blood clot. Doctor gave us a 50/50 chance of losing the baby at that point. Basically, if my body decided to get rid of the clot, everything in the uterus would probably come with it. I was put on modified bed rest (basically I don't have to lay down all day but I can't do much besides sit around) for 2 weeks, and then other 4 weeks after that when the ultrasound showed hardly any change.

The Best News Ever: I had another ultrasound today and the clot and bleed are completely gone!! Baby is very cute and doing well and the worry is over! We are very, very happy and I'm extra happy that I'm off bed rest and can do things again, like walk around for more than 10 minutes. :-) He (Jacob's convinced the baby is a boy and I wouldn't mind a boy but it's not official or anything) was active in the ultrasound today and waved and did several jumps to show off for us.

So everyone's clear: I did tell Mom about this a long time ago, partially to share with someone who can sympathize with the worry I was feeling and because sometimes a girl just needs her mommy. I gave her permission to pass the news of my pregnancy along to whomever she happened to talk to and felt like sharing with. If you hadn't heard until now, don't feel bad please. I'm sure you can all understand my hesitation about making a full-on announcement with odds that bad.

Nicole and I are enjoying traversing pregnancy together and I get a kick out of telling her some of the weird things that are happening are normal, and then experiencing those same weird things a week or so later. I'm pretty stinking excited about this baby and we're just so relieved and thrilled that the bad stuff is gone and I can (hopefully) have a normal pregnancy from here on out. There's some discrepancy on the exact due date (like those really mean anything to 99% of us) but we should be on schedule for the last week of May/first week of June, so just a couple of weeks after Nicole's bundle of joy makes his/her debut. Love you all and we'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Mom said...

This is great news!!!! I am so pleased and excited.

Karen said...

Yeaaaaa!!! I am one who knew a few weeks ago, and I am so glad that things have progressed in a good way. I'm thrilled for both of you, enjoy it and keep us posted.