I can totally empathize with Cheryl. Nights have been rough for us lately. Last night, for instance, Brooklyn woke up crying and wouldn't go back to bed. While I was rocking her, another one started crying. Logan was unavailable, so I carried Brooklyn upstairs to find Parker sobbing. He didn't want to talk about it either. I got him to calm down a little and go back to bed; then tried to put Brooklyn back to bed. Just as I tucked her in, Parker starts crying again. I leave her and go back to him. He finally stops crying and Brooklyn starts again.... I almost pinched Maya just so she could join the party.
Anyway, that's not what the title of this post is about. Two years ago we had some medical emergencies that came in three. This year, it's things breaking. Yesterday, the heater broke (yea, it's really cold in our house...), the light on the garage door opener is strobing (kind of fun for a party, but a little spooky late at night) and then this morning the kids stereo wouldn't work. The stereo was an easy fix, just push the cord back into the back of it and the light in the garage finally just burned out and that was an easy fix. Then we have the furnace. Yea, I thought I had it fixed at one point, then it stopped again. Now, if I reset the system and cross my fingers, it might start working again, but there is no guarantee nor for how long it will work. So, it's sounding like only one it a true broken thing, but then Logan opened the trunk of the car tonight and the mechanism to hold the trunk open is broken (again, might I add) and that things is heavy and slams hard. Come to think of it, the cd player in his car is also broken, with several of our cds stuck inside. Maybe that makes three and we can be done.
Other than breaking things, life is pretty boring here. Logan got a new calling recently as the ward mission leader. My back is healing well. My leg doesn't seem to want to wake up all the way, so that may never go away, but I can walk and I have no pain.
2 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry. One morning I had everyone crying except Rachel. I joked with her about taking a turn, and she burst into tears because of something she was worried about. I can't win.
As for the furnace, I'm guessing you don't need a new one, since it's so new. We had to replace the circuit board recently on ours in this house. On the old house, the igniter went out. Have someone come look at it (that you trust), and the repair will most likely be minimal--compared to a new unit. Good luck!
I am sorry that things are not going or working well right now. As you know it is easier to deal with these things than a broken body, which you have just experienced.
Hope things work out well for you.
Post a Comment