Saturday, August 2, 2008

3 month update

In case people were wondering, Hazel's officially 3 months old now, so I thought I write a little update in the few extra minutes I have today. I've posted some pictures at the end of this for your enjoyment.
Hazel is doing very well. She's found her lungs and lets us know at top volume (mine, not Jacob's top volume - so she still isn't that loud) whether she's happy or sad or mad. She still doesn't fuss much, as a general rule, but she has her days when she just wants to whine for most of the afternoon, which I'm told is normal for this age. She smiles a lot now, but just not when the camera's out. I think I managed to get a couple shots in the pictures below, but I actually took about 30. She messed around with rolling over a couple weeks ago and did it several times on her own but seems to have given up for now. Her newest fun thing is when she's on the floor to crumple up enough of her blanket underneath her so that she can have one or two hands on the carpet. Then she'll either spit-up all over the carpet or stroke it with her hands for a while. I'm sure her interest in rolling over will come back once she finishes figuring out what carpet is.
Her interest in textures expands to everything in life. She likes to grab her clothes, our clothes, her blankets, my hair, her toys and pretty much anything she can keep in her grip for longer than 2 seconds. She also likes to stroke the wall by her changing table when we change her diapers - it's very cute. She also really likes to hit things, just to see if she can get them to move. It's probably a good thing we only have fish at this point - I don't know how a dog would deal with that particular exploration technique. She gets the most results out of her toy bar on her bouncy seat, so that's her favorite thing to clobber at the moment.
She's eating tons and growing tons. By my estimate (based off her last doctor's appointment 1 month ago and the WiiFit measuring system) she's now at least 24 inches long and just over 12 pounds. She's tall, skinny little thing. And, yes, the rumors are true - she's consistently sleeping 8 - 12 hours a night. Yes, I'm the luckiest mom in the world to be getting that much sleep with a three-month old baby. :-)
Speaking of the little angel, she's calling for her breakfast. So I'd better go.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for the update and the pictures. My personal opinion is that she look a lot like you at that age.
We look forward to see her in a couple of weeks.

David said...

so cute! and yes i agree she looks just like carolyn's baby pictures.

Sarah said...

I love her chunker-cheeks! So adorable. We're excited to have you come visit soon! Per will be here on Friday at the latest... so we'll see you soon!