Not that I understand the title for Nicole's latest blog, but I thought I'd piggyback off it all the same. :-)
Here's some of the latest pictures of Hazel:
I don't know if I mentioned this when I posted the last web album, but these are severely compressed versions of the images I have. So if you want higher quality ones, I can email them to you or put them on a CD and then mail the CD to you. I compress them to be nicer to everyone's computers.
The last six weeks have been a blur. I can't believe it's been six weeks already! Answers to the common questions I've been getting from people:
I'm grateful for the sleep I am getting (about 3-5 hour blocks at night) but honestly, I could still do with more.
She's now almost 10 pounds, I won't know how long until her next doctor's appointment in two weeks, but she's definitely getting bigger.
She is a very good baby with a very good temperament. She doesn't often cry for no discernible reason. She's very content and very happy 95% of the time. I couldn't have asked for a better baby.
Yes, she sleeps in the crib now!! At least at night. She doesn't usually make it there during the day. Either she falls asleep in her swing or on the floor and if I try to move her, she's awake before we get to the crib, or she's in her car seat because we're out on the town. But the laundry basket was officially retired almost two weeks ago.
And yes, she wears more than just her diaper more often now. Mostly that's because Jacob and I are back to just our one car (we had his sister's car at our disposable for about a month until his parents drove it back to NY) and Hazel and I give him rides to and from campus and I don't take her outside unless she's clothed.
Jacob's almost done with spring term, which leaves him just his capstone project next term and then he's done!! I'm just a little excited. :-) No decisions have been made about where he'll work or where we'll live after he graduates, so we'll keep you posted. His classes this term are going well and all of the major projects are done. Just another couple little projects and a paper or two!
So we're doing well. I'm mentally preparing myself to start working again next week. At least I'm working part-time from home and can set my own hours. But it's still going to be a sizable chunk of time scheduled when I haven't really had much of anything scheduled for over two months now. I'm actually excited to start again, weird though that is. It will be nice to have something structured to do. Not that I couldn't have come up with structured things without work. Now that I'm thinking about how to budget out that time from my normal daily routine (which is never the same from day to day - surprise), I've got all these ideas of things I could fill my time with. But those can wait or can be weekend projects. But I should be able to work during Hazel's naps, so it should work out well. Wish me luck!
3 comments:
oooohhhhh! That almost makes me want another little one. Almost! but not quite. She looks alot like you, Laney! She also doesnt look like 10 pounds! Glad to hear things are going better for you now. Cant wait to meet the little gal someday!
She's adorable! I'm glad everything is going well. I can see the ten pound thing going on her arms and legs!
It makes her so squeezable! She is sooo cute!
Post a Comment