I've just been catching up on all my blog reading and figured I should probably contribute. I have had a few major life experiences recently.
I'm officially a college graduate. Now I'm trying to find a job where I won't constantly ask myself, "Did I really spend four years to get a degree for this?" I'm still working at maintenance for the time being, though my status has changed to a full-time temporary. I can work there as a temporary for about six months while I continue my job search.
I've interviewed at three different places so far. The first didn't pan out, but that's okay. I don't think I'm really admin assistant material, especially if that includes the need to be bubbly and plan birthday celebrations. The other two current possibilities are much more along the lines of things I might actually be able to enjoy.
I've had one interview with Franklin Covey, which went moderately well. I haven't heard anything back yet, but in a lot of ways I don't mind if I don't get that job. I think it would be enjoyable, but I just don't think I can handle commuting to West Valley from Provo everyday.
The third place is a company in Orem (a much better commute). I have now had three interviews with them. Unfortunately I haven't heard back since the last one, though all the interviews seemed to go quite well. I think it was an unusual experience all around. I sent my resume when I got an email about the position. Ten minutes later I had a response asking if I could come in for an interview. After my first interview I think they called me back the next day. After the second interview, we set up the next one that afternoon. So we'll see. Granted it's only been a week and a half since my last interview, but considering how quickly things have gone in the past it makes me wonder. So I'll try to keep everyone posted when I find out what's going on with that.
Despite the fact that I don't want to make a long drive to work everyday, I have spent rather a lot of time driving in the past several weeks. This past weekend Alex and I drove to Nevada to visit his brother's family. It was fun to have a chance to get to know them better. We also spent an afternoon walking some of the trails around Lake Tahoe.
We had a big Sevey family vacation in May before people disperse to the Dominican Republic, China, and North Dakota. I finally made it out of the continental United States. We only went a little way into Mexico, but now I have my passport in case I need to skip the country one night. I can't remember if I'd been in the ocean before, but it tastes really gross. We did build a rather impressive sand castle one day. We also went shell hunting. The highlight of that was finding a huge crab. He was big enough to have decorated his shell with anemones.
I've included some pictures for your viewing pleasure. They aren't in chronological order, but that hardly matters. The top is obviously Alex and me. We're standing in front of a whale skeleton in Mexico. Next we have a shot of the crab's pincers. When we first turned the shell over I thought it looked rather a lot like a science fiction creature. I just never imagined that crab legs would be so purple. Then we have the crab in scuttling position (if only he wasn't in a bucket...). The hand was intended to give perspective on the size, but I think there might be some distortion. The crab was probably about ten or twenty times bigger than any of the others I saw. Then there's the infamous flying-hair shot. You can't really tell, but we were at the Hoover Dam. Alex thinks that my hair looks really cool. I think the picture should probably be deleted. The last picture is the bridge by the Glen Canyon Dam. In case you were wondering, we drove to and from Mexico with two civil engineers, hence the dam visits.
Other than that I have just been enjoying other people's life events. Like Hazel's birth and blessing and Sarah's up-coming baby shower. In the words of Ignacio: my life is goood.
3 comments:
Wow, the preview really didn't look like that. I should probably try to write a post sometime where I don't immediately leave a comment.
It sounds like you are happy with what you are doing. You just better let us all know if you are going to skip the country in the middle of the night! haha It is nice to have pictures of you two. The kids came and asked who Alex was, but they recognized you immediately!
How fun! You two are so cute. Good luck on the job hunt!
Post a Comment