In Relief Society on Sunday, the Relief Society president announced that we were going to play a game called, "Stand Up If You're Pregnant," since apparently there are a lot of pregnant girls in our married student ward. She knew that I was pregnant since I visit teach her and she is also pregnant -- we commiserated and talked about pregnancy stuff. The bishop also knew. Anyway, I stood up along with six or seven other girls. Several people came up to me after the meeting was over and were amazed that I was six months along and they hadn't guessed...
It just never seemed to be the right time to say anything. I didn't want to stand up during the Good News Minute (do all wards everywhere do that in RS?) and say anything -- I feel weird doing that -- almost like I'm showing off my new status symbol of being pregnant. And also, there is a sister in the ward who recently had a very difficult experience with an ectopic pregnancy. I wanted to avoid being insensitive to her. So anyway. I thought that it was a little amusing that I made it all the way to the third trimester before the majority of the ward had any idea.
4 comments:
Funny story. Our ward doesn't have a good news minute. I think it's great that you look so good that people didn't notice! I never, and I mean never, got away with that! Keep up the good work!
I never officially told the ward either. I was just under 5 months when someone randomly asked me in RS if I was expecting, so I'm guessing you look better than I did. :-) As soon as she asked and I confirmed the facts, about 10 other people came up to me in the next five minutes to congratulate me. Apparently, there had been speculation for some time. I guess I just stick so straight out, the belly is kinda hard to miss.
We have a "good news" moment in our ward too. Maybe it's a Utah thing.
We have a good news/missionary moments time here in virginny. People share some of the most interesting things during that time. I never hid my pregnancies for long either, between nausea and my snapping at people, well. . . it didnt take much to figure it out.
You all know that I did not hid my pregnancies very long at all. It would have been nice, but by three months the news was out.
It is great that you did not get that from me. A picture would be great.
Post a Comment