Thursday, April 10, 2008
















Here are pictures of the creek today. We've had about 3 1/2 inches of water so far. Needless to day, Chad won't be coming home anytime soon. The one on the left is where it is much higher. The one on the right was taken about 15 minutes later. The rain had let up and the creek recedes quickly once the rain stops--thank goodness!
I just heard that HWY 5 in closed in Norfork. I guess I'm glad that Chad is on the other side of the river, with the boys. The lakes are almost overflowing the dams, and the rivers are over their banks again.
It makes me think about the catastrophes prophesied for the latter days. So many people are being flooded out here, and in many other places in the mid-west. I'm thankful that we are on higher ground. We can see the creek from our windows, but it would take a week of steady hard rain for it to get near enough to make me worried. We will be fine, we may not get out, as we cannot drive through water that high, but our home is safe.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great pictures. These water can be scary. Keep us posted and try to stay dry.