Monday, March 31, 2008

Okay -2

Well, things aren't usually very exciting here, but.....Can anyone say rain? Yes, rain, and lots of it again. I'm not complaining except for the fact that Chad can't get home right now. He was out doing some flood clean-up service and the rains descended yet again. I called and called and couldn't get him. I was worried he would get stuck out in Calico Rock (where he was working). He did make it here, at least as far as the creek.......He seemed to watch it for a while and them backed up and left. He simply couldn't get over it. It is higher now than it was the last time--when I videoed--the kids were shouting for him to just "GO-GO-GO!" Oh well, not safe. He went to his sister's(Toni) house-she lives close to here but doesn't have the creek issue-to wait out the rain. Once it stops raining, the creek recedes rather quickly, but it is trecherous at the moment. Anyone interested, can go to my blog--which doesn't have a link here........--and see some video and pictures of the creek. It is at http://weareinthemapletree.blogspot.com enjoy!
Other than that, we are doing fine. Last week was spring break here and I didn't get any computer time. The kids spent most of the week down at the creek which is a great place to play when it is not raining......They came home wet and muddy but oh so happy! Mom and Dad came down on Friday to unload most of the contents of their basement, or so it seemed-haha. We are very thankful for the stuff and Elias is loving his new bed. The kids have almost finished off the Nesquick (thanks Nicole!). They love the stuff.
There is plenty to do here with helping the flood victims and just taking care of family and home. I hope all is well with you - we are healthy, happy, and at peace(most of the time).

2 comments:

David said...

sorry about the flooding. that can be kind of scary, like our sniper on the highway here. i am glad to hear that you guys are safe. watch out for that nesquik, i remember carolyn getting addicted to the stuff :) she even had withdrawals!

Sarah said...

I hope Chad got home okay yesterday. Flooding is scary stuff! I remember the huge flood in STL in 1993... not a fun thing at all.