Apparantly we are just restless, or maybe crazy. . . we will be joining Glen and Cheryl as Virginians in January 2008. David is moving up in the company and starts in Charlottesville on January 14. So Glen and Cheryl, anything we should know about your great state (commonwealth, David told me it is officially the Commonwealth of Virginia, kind of like our cute little Village of Danvers)? We will give more information as we have it. Love to all.
Karen
7 comments:
Hip Hip Hooray! We're so excited for you. We have really loved Virginia. I hear Charlottesville is wonderful--a college town (UVA--not VA Tech) with lots of charm. It is about a two hour drive from here. It is also very close to Monticello, of Thomas Jefferson fame. Seriously, one of the things I love about living here is all the close access to historical sites and wonderful things to see.
Okay everyone, now you have two reasons to come visit our commonwealth...Incidentally, can you name the other 3 states which are designated as commonwealths? (There are also a couple of territories, too, but we won't count those.)
Congratulations on the new job and the impending move! Best of luck with everything. Will we be seeing you in December in Utah?
Incidentally, the other three states that are commonwealths are Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Kentucky.
Congratulations to both of you. If you need help let me know.
Congrats!! I think I'd like to move to Virginia about now. :) The East is a really fun place. I love to visit and wouldn't mind living there someday I think.
And incidentally, Sarah, I have to ask: did you know that off the top of your head or did you Google it? I knew Kentucky (mostly because I've been trading emailed with their department of revenue this week for work) but I wouldn't have ever guessed the other two.
Okay, okay. I Googled. Well, I Wikipedia-ed it. :) I thought everyone would like to know which states are commonwealths. So it was done for the greater good.
Alright, I confess, too. I already knew that Massachusetts was a commonwealth, but I had to google to find out if there were any more. I was surprised to learn about Puerto Rico and American Samoa. There. I'm a fraud. But I'm with Sarah--it was for the greater good, no?
Definitely for the greater good! So there's no shame in being a Googler or a Wikipedia-er.
Post a Comment