Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A New Reader

In anticipation of the demise of Google Reader, I tried a few alternatives. Bamboo Feed Reader 1.7.4 (a Firefox add-on) is nice, but it won't display slide shows like those in Carolyn's recent posts. Then I tried "tholdreader", which is good in general but also won't display slide shows. The workaround, of course, is to go to the blog site when the reader post is blank following a fascinating intro for some pictures. Anyone found other readers to recommend?

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I've been using theoldreader as well but I'm pretty bummed about the lack of slideshows. And how it doesn't always finish loading.
I'm going to check out the Reading List on the Blogger home page to see if that will help. I'll report back if I make any progress.

Cheryl said...

Bloglovin is pretty good. You can automatically import all of your Reader feeds in one fell swoop. Also, when looking at the list of new posts, each one is a good-sized thumbnail, and clicking on it will take you to the whole blog. It's more seamless than Reader in that way. I like that feature because I often comment on blogs. You can create folders and organize blogs as well, which I like, too.