That being said....Christmas!!
Once again, we kinda sucked in the picture taking department and the videos are too long and full of commentary for me to want to edit them right now. So I've put a couple of pictures in but you'll have to rely on my stellar descriptive abilities for the rest. I'm so sorry.
Christmas vacation started the way all good vacation should start: with some BYU football!! The first night we had the rest of the Wall family in from out of the town was the Poinsettia Bowl and since I was unable to actually drive to San Diego to participate the way I should have, we went for second best and had the group over to pig out and cheer on the Cougars. The first three quarters were stressful but our Cougars took care of business in the fourth just fine. (Non-football fans: means we won.) I don't remember much else about this night because I was too focused on the game. I'm sure people talked and ate and the kids did cute things.
Almost all of the rest of the vacation was filled with lots of fun board games and good food and conversation. Zizah did get her first tooth the day after the BYU game. It's that white spot on the bottom in this picture.
This blog post was going to have so much more detail until I waited over a month to write it. Sorry about that too.
The big family Christmas Eve program that night was....well-intended. Let's just saying that many small children, after dinner, right before bedtime - not the best time to try for sit-still-and-read spiritual time. After we got our little family home (by just ourselves) we were able to watch some Christmas movies (some on lds.org and some of our DVDs) which was really nice (and more their level of reverence and fun at the time).
We all got lots of other fun stuff too - it was a really fun Christmas. And for those who had our family in this year's Knutti exchange - we're not ungrateful, just uncommunicative. Thank you all very much for the gifts. (Yes, I know a blanket thank you on a blog post 6 weeks later is lame, but there ya go anyway.)
So, I was going for present of the year with my present to Jacob. I even managed to have it be the last present, hidden at the back under the tree. He even thought I was messing with him when I kept saying there was just one more present in the back. But I didn't quite win - more on the usurper in a second. I got him a rosewood music box with space to store his cuff links. Okay, okay, it's a man-jewelry box. The man has a lot of cuff links! It was all custom-made and engraved with a sappy saying that no one got but us (as intended) and (as usual) he gave me a look of total confusion after he opened it. :) However, that was a really GOOD sign. The last time I got him a really cool, complete surprise present (surfing lessons in San Diego 3 years ago), I got the same response and he LOVED those. Same thing this time.
However, I did NOT win present of the year, even with all my sappiness. That particular honor goes to the present given to us as a couple by the rest of the Wall family. They got us ::drumroll please:: a BLENDTEC BLENDER. (Did you hear that choir of angels just now?) If my excitement seems out of place for a blender, Google it. Just do it. The blender will get its own post sometime soon with pictures and overly detailed descriptions of what we've made in it. Will it blend? Yes, yes it will. It is awesome.
We had a really fun rest of our Christmas playing with all our fun new toys, playing some more board games and eating all kinds of lovely food. As usual, I could go on (more) about the good parts of Christmas vacation - the only bad part was that it ended too soon and work took over my life for the next month. But now things are slowing down and everyone can look forward to (dread?) lots more blog posts about the happenings in Phoenix. You know you're all jealous that I went swimming on Groundhog's Day. Outside.
Yes, it's that awesome.
Ok. let's see what other random pictures I have from Christmas time...
Oh look - it's me! Check out how long my hair has gotten. For now.... :)
And then here's one of the harvests from our garden to make a salad to go with dinner the day before Christmas Eve. That's right - we pulled that out of the ground in December, folks. Phoenix rocks.
And here's a picture of Zizah for the road. Yep, she knows she's that cute.
2 comments:
Hooray for Christmas! And pictures of my adorable relatives! I've tried to play games with Noah on the Wii U, but he doesn't really get into it so much. His participation generally only extends to choosing which Thomas movie he'd like to watch on Netflix. Half the time he just wants to point at the TV instead. And if I had a nickel for every time he asked me to "turn the page" on Netflix... ::ripple dissolve:: Wow, I thought it would be more than that. I guess I could buy a candy bar.
Feel free to post any off-the-wall or on-the-wall stuff! We love reading your posts. Actually, most of them seem to be on-the-Wall....
Post a Comment