Tuesday, July 31, 2012

By Request...

Apparently word is working its way through the grapevine that I did "something" to my hair. So by request, here's the show part of the show and tell:
Before
(sorry it's blurry)
Stage One (after the donated ponytail was cut)
After the buzzing 
(I went to a 3 instead of completely shaving it - sunburned scalp didn't sound fun)
(And check out that cute Zizah!)
Today 
(to give you an idea how much it has grown in a month)

The Tell:
I've been wanting to shave my head for about a year. Pretty much since last summer when I got fed up with my hair after being in the pool and hot tub at least 3 times a day. Once we found out I was pregnant with Zizah, I decided to wait until after she was born because crazy pregnant lady is something we can deal with but crazy pregnant bald lady was an unknown. There is this whole other thing with proving something to myself about my confidence in myself, etc. but being tired of wet hair and wearing a swimming cap had much more to do with my decision. So once Zizah was here and things were starting to settle somewhat, I was feeling good on the Fourth of July, so bye-bye hair. I completely love it. It's so nice to not have to deal with brushes and hair ties and clips and blow dryers, etc. I do miss my hair sometimes, but I certainly don't regret my decision to give it the boot...er...cut. There's the story, Karen. But you can still call me if you want to. :)
The answer to some of the questions I've gotten:

  • What did you do with your hair? I did donate the main part of the hair to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths. It's one of those foundations that takes hair donations and makes them into wigs for cancer patients.
  • Who cut it? Jacob did all the cutting. In our backyard. While we were swimming (obvious from the pictures). I am going to start going to a stylist (today in fact!) so I can have it cut correctly as I grow it back out. Jacob and I were both willing for him to do it but we were too lazy to research the right kind of cuts I need now.
  • Are you going to keep it like that? Not really, I am growing it back out right away. I figure it'll take a long time to get it back anywhere near where it was so I should start now. If I get annoyed or have a bad cut, I can always buzz it again. :)
  • WHAT HAPPENED?!? I did not set my hair on fire/have an incident with glue or chewing gum/let my kids have scissors while I was sleeping/lose a bet/go crazy, etc. I was just done with hair for a while.
And because she's SO much cuter than me, here's a recent pic of Zizah. She had her 2 month appointment today. She's 11 pounds 7 ounces and got 5 shots. 



1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you! and umm Wow, you have a nicely shaped head, good for you. And yes that sweet little chubber is super cute. Love you!