Friday, April 22, 2011

Kiss the Pavement

Yes, I truly did kiss the pavement at the first rest area that we stopped at after leaving Glen and Cheryl's on Tuesday.
We got out of the car at the rest are and started walking. Suddenly, I was falling, and I could do nothing about it. I landed on my knees and hands, but my face went all the way to the concrete. Afterwards, we found the raised slab in the sidewalk that caught the toe of my sandal. My face bled a lot. The lady at the rest area was helpful and got me a clean cloth, as there were no paper towels in the restroom, and they did not have any steri-strips, which was what I wanted.
So we left and drove to the next town to find a store, but they did not have steri-strips either, so we found the super glue and got a tube of that. When we got back to the car, I put antibiotic ointment from our first aid kit on it, and then pushed the edges of the large cut closed while Dad glued me back together.
It is healing very well, and the glue is starting to come off now. We will be putting steri-strips in our car first aid kits as well as super glue.

5 comments:

David said...

So sorry! But I gotta say - you have some mad skills for not even touching your nose. That takes talent. Glad nothing more serious happened with the fall.

Cheryl said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope you continue to heal well and soon.

Nicole said...

Ouch. At least you were able to avoid the Franken-stitches like you had with your garage door encounter. :)

Carolyn said...

LOL: Franken-stitches.

Hope you feel better and finish healing soon.

Janet said...

I agree it was talented to not get your nose in the mix, but did you forget that you have to pick up your feet when you walk? Didn't your mother ever teach you not to shuffle when you walk?