Monday, March 28, 2011

Random Items

So I really need to do a full update post with all that's been going on here - the backyard is pretty much done, the now salt water fish tank, Jacob working from home, and a full rundown on what everyone's doing with pictures. But this is not that post because I just don't have the time yet. Sorry. Instead, here's some of the fun things the kids are doing to tide you over until I've got more time.

Speed:
- has discovered that not only can you open cabinets and drawers, but there's stuff inside that can come out! I am SO glad now that I organized this kitchen to have all plastic stuff in the bottom cabinets.
- has started standing on his own and "cruising", which is the current buzz word for walking along something, like a couch, while holding onto it. It's kinda the last step before walking, so watch out world.
- has 4 1/2 teeth! Two on top and 2 1/2 on the bottom. He's got that good old Knutti gap between the top two, but so did Hazel and her's have grown together quite nicely.
- has expanded his vocabulary to "dada", "baba", "lala" (only heard this one a couple of times though), "gaga", and my personal favorite, "mama".
- thinks computers and cell phones are THE COOLEST things. We have to really watch him with cords - according to him, pulling the key board, mouse, headphones, speakers, etc. onto the floor is a super fun game.
- likes to eat dog good. Gross I know. But we've decided we'd rather he learned to leave it alone than try to move it out of his reach, but still within Daisy's reach.

Hazel:
- has rediscovered her love for the pool, even though the water is 68 degrees, the crazy child.
- has deciding using the potty first thing in the morning is a good way to avoid problems in the first hour of the day (HOORAY!).
- tells Speed that she loves him - one of my personal favorites.
- tells Speed that she likes him, especially when he is sad, "Don't cry, baby brother. I LIKE you."
- still plays with "Fairfwen" (her imaginary friend who lives in her fingers - I think primarily in her right hand). No, she hasn't seen Muppet Treasure Island.
- reminds me that "Eek go to Jesus now" (Eek the hamster died a week or two ago - she misses him I think).
- sings all the time. She's gotten pretty good at Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Mary Had a Little Lamb (well, the first verse), Itsy Bitsy Spider, and I think I heard Row, Row Your Boat the other day. She also sings an interesting medley of 3 Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, the one about the monkeys teasing Mr. Crocodile, and 5 Little Ducks went out to play.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like Hazel goes to nursery. That is where she is getting the last group of songs, I'll bet.
Watch out world here comes another Cari/Jake.

Nicole said...

Man, I miss those kids. At least I have Noah to help keep me entertained. Fortunately for me he's still in the early stage of discovering that he can open cabinets which is really good since my lower cabinets are full of lots of things that wouldn't make good toys. :)

Carolyn said...

At least you'll be reorganizing yourself into a new kitchen soon. :)