Jacob and I are the proud owners of.....a Suburban! New to us, not to the world (she's an '04). But we got a GREAT deal on it (we love CarMax!!) and we're very happy with it. We've been looking for a while and had decided it was time to get the second car for lots of reasons, one of the big ones being we're starting to have doubts about the Accord's health and neither Jacob nor I want Hazel and me driving somewhere and getting stranded. That's just not fun for anyone, but Jacob's tough - he can handle it better than me. Jacob posted a very silly video of it on his family's blog (I didn't know when he started filming - I don't normally just stand there staring at him), but we're only going to post it one place because it took SO long to upload (internet at the new place < internet at the old place). So here's the link to that: http://bretntev.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-suburban-and-its-name-is.html
We are looking for a name, so all suggestions are welcome.
As for the subject of this post: I had 3 separate friends who, when I told them we had gotten a Suburban, ask if I was hinting at other family news, such as needing more space for car seats. I'm not, just so everyone's aware. :) This was a long-term purchase, so yes we are planning ahead, but not for any specific reason at the current moment. We just had to compromise between something that can tow a boat and go off-road (Jacob's requirements) and is nice and can seat more than 5 (my requirements). I think we found a pretty good compromise.
And yes, it's a gas-guzzler, but we expected and are okay with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment