Tuesday, December 9, 2008

o' Christmas Lights..

We are new to the world of Christmas lights on the house. I think last year was the first year we actually put lights on the roof. We thought we were so smart leaving the white clips on the lights, thinking it would make the next year go so fast. For some reason, it took so long. Maybe it was the altitude, but the clips were all facing the wrong way, so we had to take them off and turn them around. We got all the way to the end when Logan announced he had some bad news. The end of the last string of lights had no plug....
Yea, we carefully put them on backwards. To fix our problem, we went for the quick, yet sort of unsightly fix. Logan went back up and I tossed the extension cord up to him. Well, I tried, but apparently I don't toss correctly and he finally lowered some twine so he could just haul it up. Then we set up our safely stacked chairs on the roof so Logan could reach the second level. I let go of the leg of the chair and discovered that it was not in fact balanced correctly. Over went the kitchen chair and off the roof went the little white chair from the playroom. Fortunately, it missed the car that was parked on the driveway (can we say close call on the no Christmas for mom?). Though the tumble from the roof was not so nice for the little white chair. My children are rather disgusted with me right now for breaking their chair. Fortunately, I think a friend of ours can fix the chair since it was just one section that came off and broke into several pieces.
Amazingly, my husband then asked if the lights looked okay or if he should go back up and fix a few things.. UM, nope! They look great to me!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Love the story.
Yes, once those Christmas lights are up they look great,no matter that there might be some little "bugs" involved.
We don't even try that anymore. Wish you were closed so you could do ours too.

Karen said...

Very funny! I bet the lights look great. I would love to see a picture. Don't feel bad either, David says I can't even throw as well as a girl :)

Wendy said...

Love the story. No one thought it was odd that EVERY hook was backward and needed to be turned.......?
Well, lesson learn, I'm sure. I'm glad that everything looks great, and no one was hurt in the process
:)