We have a Christensen family blog, I have a personal blog, and Facebook is just too time consuming! :) But I frequent this blog often...comment occasionally...but realized I have never posted anything.
So I just want to share with everyone how INCREDIBLY awesome it is to be a part of the Knutti clan. My life has truly been enriched. Seriously.
We spent Thanksgiving with Glen and Cheryl. I think God had a hand in having our families within 2 hours of each other. If for no other reason, Anya has become close friends with Alyssa. Anya is always begging for another sister...Alyssa certainly fills part of that void. Rachel is ADORABLE (has everyone seen her new haircut? Cheryl~you should post a picture); Jared is like a little brother I never had; Ben is a great cuddler; and I'm looking forward to getting to know Spencer and Ryan better. Glen and Cheryl are THE BEST HOSTS EVER. :) It's fun to hang out with them. And Glen and Cheryl, I promise you would still be cool in my book even without the Wii.
Although only a few visits, I LOVED hanging out with Scott and Analee when Karen and I lived in Idaho. Your home was always inviting and Analee...I love your cooking!
The further we move from Wendy and Chad, the more I wish we would have visited them when we lived in Columbia.
I feel a bond to Janet and Logan since I knew them when they were just dating. Do you guys remember that video you helped me put together when I was dating Karen? We went on the BYU campus to do it?!? And Janet took our engagement pictures. You guys are two of my favorite people. :) And I really am glad you're both on Facebook!!!
Michael...do you even read this blog? I haven't seen you in years, but I remember hanging out with you and your sisters a few times during high school...at parties and at church dances. You were someone in particular I remember looking up to while I was growing up. Thanks.
Sarah is an INCREDIBLE mother. It was so fun to see her in October. It's easy to tell that she and Zak are happy. I consider Sarah a close friend.
Carolyn and Jacob--it was fun to see you guys in October as well. Carolyn was like a Mia Maid when I started dating Karen. I remember one night (Karen and I would sit out on the driveway and just talk until midnight or later) and Carolyn came home with some boys. I think she had to literally crawl her way out of the car there were so many packed in the car. Am I making that up? :) And OH the stories she would share...
And Nicole...I love your humor and intellect. I think I get you...I really do. :) It was fun to meet Alex for the first time in October.
Finally, Mom and Dad. Honestly, I still don't know how to address you when we get together. :) Someday I'll figure it out. Before I go on, I just HAVE to share one quick story. Dad, do you remember the first time I came by your house when I was dating Karen? You were packing up the house in Florissant. I think I gave you a hug...either that or a strong pat on the back. Now I can't remember...but Karen freaked out! She could not believe anyone would ever greet you so openly. It makes me laugh every time I think about that. Next time I see you I'll give you a big hug just for old times sake! :) But I want you both to know how impressed I am with the kids you've raised. I hope you are enjoying this legacy of Knutti's that you have directly impacted. You have incredible kids, pretty darn good kids-in-law, and some awesome grandkids. You have had a powerful influence on many lives and I pray that God will bless both of you for your goodness.
So there...now I've officially posted on the Knutti family blog. Love you guys!!!
5 comments:
I feel like I just got a big hug! How did you know I needed that? Thanks, Dave!
Lol, yeah I remember that night. I was just a little busted, since I was approximately 3 hours late getting home....ah, memories! :-) Glad you finally posted over here, though I love your posts on the other blogs as well. Love you too!
Thank you David. I agree with Sarah, I feel that I have just had a great big hug. Thanks so much.
We love having you in our family also. You are a great addition.
We love you guys, too. I'm so glad we get to see you more often (even if we don't eat pie for breakfast every time). Thanks again for coming to our house, and you know you are welcome anytime!
You know you are always welcome at our house too! The invites have been sent, many times......We love you guys, it made my day to hear that someone else thinks the way I do about my family!
Thanks David for writing what we all are thinking/feeling!
Post a Comment