Friday, September 19, 2008
Pepper Spray, Mmmm...???
So, last thursday I finally got trained in the ways of pepper spray for my job at Library Security. It was quite the experience. They actually take it a little easier on us, by allowing us to close our eyes and mouth, while covering one eye with one hand, but it doesn't make that much difference. I think it just slows the pepper down a little, because withing 15 seconds, even my closed and covered eye was burning. The trainers joked about how in the end of Raiders of the Lost Arc, when they open the arc and some of the guys melt, that they did that with pepper spray. It actually was quite similar. I cant imagine getting sprayed when you dont have a hose and fans and spray bottles nearby to help you cope. Not to mention a few dozen other people sympathizing because they too just got sprayed. (Luckily, us BYU kids are rather mild, so there were no outbursts of screaming obscenities). Some of us were chatting afterward and mentioning that we wouldn't really want to put anyone else through that. Maybe thats part of the reason we get sprayed. Anyhow, the important thing is that it does go away, I had all effects minimized by the time I finished my loooong shower at home. Just a mild burning sensation on my hand and on my ear, that went away by morning (yes my ear went away by morning...hehe). A word to the wise though, always cooperate with the cops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I laught out loud! Very amusing. Good luck keeping those byuers inline:)
Too funny, I don't think I would have actually let them spray me! You go, dude! Love to hear about what is going on with you out there.
That sounds like a tough way to find out that the pepper spray does, but not you know that it could stop a person who is trying to mug you.
I understand that the effects can last up to two hours especially if they are not expecting it. I personally carry a pepper spray just in case.
Sounds like a good initiation prank to me! :) Who knew library security could have practical jokers!!!
--Dave
Post a Comment