Sunday, September 21, 2008

Noteworthy happenings

So, here are a few insights into our lives and conversations as of late...

While stamping away and making cute decorations for her room, Alyssa said, "I really like my own ideas. They're the best. Other people's ideas are good, but I just like mine better." Okaaay...whose daughter is this? Anyone?

When explaining why he didn't want to go to Primary last Sunday, and why he thought he should stay home, Spencer said, "I'm allergic to chairs, Mom."

After leaving a "Why I Believe" fireside tonight, Jared rated it as "not as boring as I thought it would be. You know, because I'm not a big fan of Sacrament meeting talks, but this was okay." Of course, the pile of cookies helped a little bit. Rachel and I reminded him that in about 6 months, he'd be eligible to give such a talk, and he began the list of evasive maneuvers to use when Brother Seneca comes a-callin'. He will find you, Jared.

We're still waiting to hear what Ben says--or rather how he says things--when he gets his palate expanders put in this week to straighten out those crazy teeth of his. If you hear faint yelling and screaming and gnashing of said teeth about 9:15 am EST Wed. morning, you'll know what it is. Oh, and stop the presses--he got an A on his math test last week! WAHOO! I almost cried. Math is not his strong suit, but so far, so good this year.

Rachel and I went shopping for new pants last night, because her old ones were actually flooding. Again, WAHOO! She's growing!

...And Ryan climbed out of the crib Saturday morning. Aargh. He toddled right in our room, as cute as can be, but no one big enough to get him out was awake yet. He hasn't done it again since, so we're hoping it was a fluke. He's a wily one, and he climbs on everything.

And if you get Wii Fit, and you think you might be a little overweight, don't play it for the first time for FHE. Everyone can see how your BMI makes your Mii fat or skinny, accordingly. Your kids will laugh at you, and the balance board will chastise you (it will also chastise you for not exercising frequently enough and make your Mii fall asleep in the plaza). But I won't tell you who knows these things firsthand. Also, if you don't want to run, just shake the remote. Ask Ben how he knows.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love it. It is so fun to know what the kids say.
We can't wait until we get out there this weekend.

David said...

Tell me how you do with the hula-hoop. That was my best event. I fell off the platform when I did the ski jumps. I think we should plan our next temple trip so we can play till 2am again! :)

--Dave