Ok, we attended a large gathering of extended family last night. It was a graduation party for our nephew. About 34 people in all. We are out in the backyard relaxing after a filling barbecue when suddenly, someone's child appears at the back door. The house where the party was hosted has a multi-level deck in the back. Most of the people were sitting in chairs on the lawn, so the back door is up about halfway on the back of the house (three level house from the back side). The aforementioned child is naked from the waist down, pants and undies at the ankle. He is brandishing a white cloth of some sort and calls out, "Someone needs to wipe my stinky buns!" I quickly informed Logan that his son was calling for him. He went inside only to reappear shortly to ask me where OUR wipes were. Apparently, Parker was prepared to use the clorox bathroom cleaning wipes that he found on the back of his aunt nellie's toilet. In the end we had clean buns without any clorox burns and the entertainment portion of the evening was over.
As a side note, Maya joins in on the entertainment occasionally. She will likely be upset with me for sharing this one day, but... We were out a few Sundays ago delivering visiting teaching papers to various people that are homebound. I knew it would be a long drive, so I put a church video in the DVD player for the kids to watch. At one house, the person was home and I stood on the porch talking for a few minutes. When I returned to the car Maya informs me that the car is not working right. I inquire. She says, "I asked nicely for it to turn the music up and it wouldn't do it." Yeah, so daddy told the kids that all they have to do is ask "nicely" for the music to go up and this fabulous new car of ours would turn up the volume for them. (for any slow ones out there, there are volume controls on the back of the steering wheel) I suggested she ask again and maybe use two "pleases". Amazing how that worked!
4 comments:
I love it! That boy of yours is hilarious. Tell him Aunt Super Duper says hi.
I'm so glad we're not alone. That's just so funny.
And Jared thinks the volume is voice-activated, too...
Isn't everything just like Star Trek, where you speak to the computer and it responds to your every whim? "Computer, turn volume up two levels."
WHAT?!? It's NOT?!?!
Well... it should be.
Those are great stories!
Good times. I also have a little boy who is not shy about baring it all. Jesse will drop and do business almost anywhere. We are trying to teach him the toilet is the proper place, but living so far away from it all, there are many times when going outside by a tree is okay. Also, Elias has used the clorox wipes before---you would think a child that age (9) would know better?!?! What goes on in that mind......I'll never know!
Post a Comment