We talked in Sunday School today about journals and though, I know this doesn't really count, I feel inspired to write a little something. Now, what to write... not much is happening around here. Spring break has come and gone, we painted a bathroom, the upstairs hallway and the entry hallway of our house. I spent the next week unburying us from our painting activities and celebrating Parker's birthday. He is three! And, he is potty trained. It is so glorious! He basically did it all on his own as well. Within three days (with truly minor accidents) he had it all figured out. This past week was Brooklyn's turn for attention. She went on a nursing strike. OK, expectant moms... she nursed Monday morning and then stopped. She refused vehmently each time I offered after that. I think she was sick or teething, though I don't really know. I grabbed the handy pump and took care of matters. The problem is that Brooklyn does not take a bottle or a cup of any kind. I was able to finally force at least four ounces a day from a bottle, but along came Friday and the strike has ended. Don't ask me why, completely unexplainable, but she is nursing again like nothing happened.
On a lighter note, my kids have now discovered the "High School Musical" mania. Their cousins have the movies and loaned them to us. We have now seen both at least two or three times. Parker walks around singing "What about us? what about everything we've been through?" Maya has picked up some "fabulous" new dance moves. Fortunately, the kissing is still very disgusting to them both.
There you have it. Perhaps if something exciting were to happen, I might share more often since we did purchase a nice new, fast laptop. It's heaven compared to our old computer. Thanks, Dad!
5 comments:
I am so glad that the strike is over and that things are going well again. It was great to talk to you the other day.
You don't meed big things to post. Just day to day is good. I like to know how things are going (good or bad).
Love
Okay, we love High School Musical 1 and 2, even though they are cheesy remakes of Grease. The kids know all the songs, and Ben even cried during Gabriella's breakup song in #2. Too funny. I personally dig "Getcha Head in the Game".
I think Sharpay's hair is a wig.
What time is it?
We don't have any girls old enough for the HSM stuff. I personally like them, but Chad teases me mercilessly over watching them and the boys get upset over the "girly" stupid movies I like to watch. Oh, well!
I'm glad the strike is over as well. I remember a few of mine going on strike. Jesse never got back to it. He was a difficult one--still is.....
High School Musical...it won't stop with just 2 or 3 times. Before long it will be dozens upon dozens of times you've seen/heard them. Have fun!
And please share your secrets in potty training. Five kids and we've yet to get one potty trained before their third birthday. That is definitely our weak point as parents!!! :)
Thanks for all the updates...wish we lived closer!
--Dave
One more funny thing...Jared had a sleepover party for his birthday, and when it was time for bed (as dictated by me), they all wanted to watch "just one more thing". They flipped channels and found--you guessed it--HSM! And they all said, "Yeah, this!"--most notably, Jared's most jock-like friend, Luke. I nearly fell out of my chair, but I had to laugh on the inside. Who knew it appealed to 11-yo boys? Wendy, you can tell your boys that Jared likes it.
Post a Comment