Carolyn -- I am sorry to hear about the toxemia. I hope that the resting is helping lots and that Hazel will hang on for a little while longer. You are in our prayers. And many thanks to those of you who have posted. I hope that the rest of you will be able to find a few minutes to share something in the next week. We want to hear from you, too!
I had to share this little tidbit because I found it funny. I'm sure this is not unique to me or my baby, but it still made me laugh. Yesterday I had an appointment and the doctor (as always) was listening to his heartbeat with the Doppler thingie. She had the wand (I guess that's what you'd call it -- you know what I'm talking about or can at least imagine it) on my belly and we caught the heartbeat right away. Then suddenly, there's this loud noise and I feel him kicking me right where the wand is pressing on my belly. He continued to kick the wand and make lots of loud noises by doing so (sort of like blowing into a microphone, for any of you who haven't experienced it). The doctor commented on how active he is and she sort of had to dodge his kicks to get an accurate bpm rate. It took a few minutes, because he followed it around as she pressed the wand in different spots and he continued to take swings at it, either with his hands or feet. It just made me laugh. When I told Zak, he said, "Oh, so our baby's got a little bit of your attitude, huh?" :)
What can I say?I'm a bit of a sassy girl. Sounds like our boy might have a little sass, too! Or maybe he's just very curious. That would make him like Zak, in my opinion.
4 comments:
I would guess that there is a little bit of both of you in the attitude he is displaying. I had some like that, right Sarah?
Take care
Sure did! Can't dispute that.
Very funny! I remember some of my kids doing the same kind of thing. Those kids absolutely come with their own little attitudes. It doesn't grow on them, they arrive that way!
Thanks for sharing the story.
Very funny. Some of mine have done that as well. It never gets old. Then the other ones were always turning around and trying to get away from the doctor. But, yeah, I can picture your boy being a little sassy. :)
Post a Comment