Okay, so I do post a lot on my own blog and not so much on this blog, but that's because I have lots of other people who can't read this blog who want to know what's going on in my life. And there's a handy link to it just to the right... use it!
But I'll let you know a little of what's happening for us lately: I have had a cold and/or sinus infection this week. Yuck. I know all you moms have experienced being sick while pregnant. Zak and I feel strongly about me not taking medicine during pregnancy if it can possibly be avoided. So I have had small helps like throat lozenges (What a weird word, huh? Throat lozenges sounds like something's going to lodge in your throat, don't you think?) and saline nasal spray (ew, yuck! but effective...). Also, lots of sleep and lots and LOTS of fluids. I am happy to report that although this started on Monday night, I am finally feeling quite a bit better this morning. I am still going to go home and take a nap for 45 minutes on my lunch break, though.
Our little boy moves all the time, which is fun. Zak got to feel him kick a few days ago, though it was pretty faint. His response was, "That's weird." I can't blame him at all; that was my response the first time I realized he was kicking me a few weeks ago. But now I love it and think that it's so fun for him to be moving.
Zak is SOOO excited that today is the last school day before Spring Break at Preston High. Only three more weeks at Preston after Spring Break is over.... He has been collecting letters of recommendation for his job hunt from his cooperating teachers, professors, and even our bishop (who happens to be a Very Big Deal in the elementary education department at USU) and all of these people have had some very, very nice things to say about Zak, as a teacher and as a person. Of course, I know how wonderful Zak is, but it was a really nice compliment for one of his cooperating teachers to say that he liked some of Zak's ideas for lesson plans so much that he was going to incorporate them into his own lesson plans. And this guy's been teaching for 20 years! So he is moving forward with the job hunt. We'll let you know when he has a position!
That's about all, guys. The Jazz are playing the Clippers tonight, and we'll be watching. After their ridiculous performance against the Clippers in February, we're hoping for a much better showing tonight. Also, for the record, the March 20th game against the Lakers was just sad. It's like Boozer and D Will were the only ones even trying. Well -- we're hoping for a good game tonight! The Clippers aren't even that good!
I've started the ball rolling ... let's see how many posts we can get in two weeks!
1 comment:
i am the same way about drugs and pregnancy. nursing too. i am so excited for you two. feeling a baby kick is like nothing else in this world. very cool. get lots of rest and thanks for jumpstarting this.
Post a Comment