I suppose I should reply. It has been a while since I've had much contact with most of the family. Maybe I'll get around to writing an update on life sometime.
10 years ago:
I was only ten years old. I don't really remember that time very well. I went to school. I probably played and read a lot.
Five things to do on my list (but probably not all today):
1. Edit a manuscript for my class
2. Update my resume
3. Finish writing thank you cards
4. Clean the bathroom
5. Practice the piano and the clarinet
Snacks I enjoy:
I go through phases, but I pretty much always enjoy ice cream, fruit snacks, and tortilla chips.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I'd probably do some investing as well. Beyond that I'd probably just use for whatever came up.
Three of my bad habits:
Displeasure with lack of perfection.
Not eating.
Teasing my coworkers.
Places I have visited:
1. California
2. Virginia
3. New York
4. Arizona
5. Mexico (I actually haven't been there yet, but I'm going in a few months)
Jobs I have had:
1. Maintenance worker
I know it's sad, I've only ever had one job unless you count helping in the school library for free.
Five things People Don't Know About Me:
1. Sometimes I make cool things. (i.e. paper, a crossbow, lead pipe)
2. I'm in the process of having a paper published. (This sounds much cooler and more prestigious than it really is, it's just a student journal at BYU.)
3. I fixed a sink clog this week by plunging it with my hand.
4. I can touch my toes (I only consider this an accomplishment because I can't bend my back).
5. I've been in all the tunnels under the MTC.
7 comments:
At least it was a clogged sink and not a clogged toilet! But still kind of gross; I applaude you, I am much too woossy (sp?) to do that.
And I didnt even know that there were tunnels under the MTC, do you know what they are used for?
Enjoy being young and married and say Hi to Alex for us.
-Karen
The tunnels under the MTC are for water, drainage, and sewage pipes. One of the times we went was to check for leaks and we even found one. It was pretty gross.
Ewwww... you are a braver woman than I. Although I have my own subterranean troubles, I'll tell you what. We have our washer and dryer in our basement. The only place for the water to drain is a very small hole in the ground, so it usually backs up on laundry days. Zak has cleverly placed a couple of pallets on the floor so that we can walk down there and not get our feet soaking wet. We have tried clearing the hole out; it doesn't help. The house was built circa 1930s, so I guess that's not a surprise. Anyway, on this past Saturday I went down after a second load of wash went through the dryer and the pallet in the middle of the floor was floating. Floating, drifting. So that's fun, huh?
Oh, and what's this Mexico trip? That sounds like fun!
Nicole by your age I had only had two jobs, so you are not doing too badly. You will have to teach me how to plunge a sink with my hand.
You are such a joy and so interesting.
Yeah, Nik, when I was twenty, I had only had two jobs as well. These days, I can't seem to live with only having ONE job, I try to keep two or three going most of the time.
Okay, if Nik can do it, so can I. I will be responding to the tag.
Post a Comment