Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A revolutionary new discovery in the family search for clarity...

...because people don't appreciate attempts at substantial implication with a deliberate lack of precision or applications of the adage that brevity is the soul of wit.
There's been considerable clamor for a more expansive account of recent events in my life. I suppose I can attempt to appease the masses, though I don't think there's really so very much more to tell. I assumed the question and answer could be easily inferred, especially in light of the addendum to my first post, in which I explain in only slightly uncertain terms my interactions with a particular individual. For those of you with any lingering doubt, yes said individual and I are engaged to be married. The details promised in my last post are date and location. These details still remain to be determined. Once the necessary decisions have been made I will gladly inform you as expeditiously and explicitly as possible.

For the detail-seekers...
His name is Alex Sevey. He's 21 years old. He's 6' tall. He's from California. He's majoring in Electrical Engineering.


For the extremely dedicated detail-seekers...
Here's a rough transcription (phonetic transcriptions available upon request) of the conversation in question.
Alex: Do you want to marry me?
Nicole: Yes.
Alex: Cool.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think the masses demand a current picture. And I think that can be taken care of tonight. :-) I'll see what I can do...

Sarah said...

The masses concur -- we want a current picture! And thank you for the actual transcript of the exchange, though phonetic transcriptions will not be necessary.
In my defense, I appreciate subtlety at times, depending on the subject matter... my baby sister's engagement is not one of those subjects. :)

Mom said...

I third the picture. It can be of both of you.

Michael said...

nice one, nik. conratulations and salutations on your adorations and ministrations!

Janet said...

congratualtions!!!
how tall are you? I want to be sure I get a stool that is the right height. can't have both of you with bad backs now can we?