I was doing a US state puzzle with Eva today. She wanted to know which cousins lived in which state. I began naming the cousins and in what state they live. I arrived at Illinois. I named the kids: Mark, Anya, James, Peter, and soon to be, Luke.....She burst out laughing. She said "That is sure a funny name!" I asked her what name was funny. She just said that one. So I began at the bottom. Luke? No. Peter? No. James? No. Anya? No. Mark? No. Then what name are you talking about? She said the other one. I finally realized what she meant so I asked her if the name she thought was so funny was "Soon to be?" Yes, she said, that is the funniest name I've ever heard!
She had me nearly in tears with her thinking that "Soon to be" was a name, and how funny it sounded. I thought I would share that, it gave me a good laugh.
2 comments:
She is right "soon to be" is a funny name. Kids have a wicked sense of humor.
I am sooo glad i can provide some entertainment:) These little ones really do have wickedly sharp little minds!
Post a Comment