Friday, September 7, 2007

Elder Scott

We had the privilege of having Elder Scott attend our stake conference last May. It was a really nice visit.

5 comments:

Mom said...

That sounds like quite an experience.
Dad and I have met Elder Scott. He was here a few years back and we had lunch with him and the rest of the stake leadership. He is really cool.
Elder Archibald, is he Nolan Archibald? If so I went to college with him and he married a girl from St. George, (Margaret Hafen, sister to Bruce C. Hafen) that I graduated with. We are also related to him through the Thompson side. He is through one of the other wives of Joseph Lewis Thompson. Let me know if this is the one. I know that they live in the D.C. area.

Carolyn said...

Wow, what a fun and cool experience. You were a busy, busy man that weekend. It's really cool that you all got to meet Elder Scott. That's one down-side to living in Utah - you're more likely to see an apostle walking down the street than you are to get one at a stake conference. Not that we would know about our most recent one (see above post).

Janet said...

oh, how jealous I am right now. No one really knows this, but it had been a dream of mine to step in and help out an apostle whilst in a bind. Usually thinking they had left their talk behind when coming to BYU for a devotional and had to have it faxed to them. I could have done that. You ask why they would have used my fax in the basement of the SFLC rather than the fax in Pres. Bateman's office??? Well, maybe mine was closer... not really a well thought out scenario, I know. Now, not much to offer in the "skills for assisting an apostle" category. Maybe I'll have to find a new profession, or more likely tweak my dream.

Janet said...

btw, you're a good guy glen. glad you were able to live my dream. I live lots of dreams vicariously right now. the Lord is going to use us when he needs us. must be nice to know that you are useful to the Lord.

Sarah said...

That is a great story! It's so great to be able to fill in just when you're needed. Amazing how the Lord puts us where we need to be, when we need to be there. Very cool!