Well, we made our yearly trip to Aldi's today. We spent a little over $300, (cough, cough) but the price of food is getting outrageous! The trip was otherwise uneventful.
Upon returning home, I began the arduous task of putting everything away. I was having the kids help me (I know you all remember the 50# bags of flour and other things we always had to dump into buckets lined with garbage bags....) well, why mess with a good thing, right? I come upon a bucket, courtesy of Mom, that has a cute little tag on it. It reads:
"we=u
flower 2003
Don't you just love substitutions? I do!"
Everyone can guess whose handwriting that was in, yep, good 'ol Nik! Brings back such fond memories. Hope everyone can get a little nostalgic over this!
PS At least this shopping is done for a while!
5 comments:
Oh, the memories that this brings back. Though were the good times. I miss them.
We will have to have Nicole interpret
the "we=u. I am not sure what she meant with that one. The flower 2003 , I think we all understand.
How would you all like to come to my house and help me put away powdered milk and flour???? Just kidding, but I do miss those times.
It means that "we" is substituted for "u" to change "flour" to "flower."
Now, there just might be a deeper meaning, but I'll leave that to the author's comment.
This is Nicole, not Ayn Rand. I think we're safe with your original interpretation, Dad. :-)
Can you leave comments to yourself? Well, I had the flour thing figured out....Mom, you didn't? you must have been drowsy.....or something. Elias thought it was a rather clever substitution once he figured it out!
I like Nik's clever little rhyme -- I had totally forgotten about that!
Zak and I went and canned some things at the bishop's storehouse recently. He was shocked when the bill came to about $60. But then, we only spend about $140 per month on food, so that's nearly half of what we spend each month. I'll let him know that we're getting off pretty darn easy right now...
Post a Comment