Ah, Easter. I really like Easter. I didn't used to make a big deal of it - not that I blame Mom and Dad for that. I mean, who wants to buy candy and stuff for Easter baskets for that many kids. And then there's that whole "commercializing a religious holiday" side of things. There might come a day when we go to that side of things, but for now, when I can get away with supplying everyone's baskets for under $20 at the Dollar Store, we're gonna have some fun.
As acting Easter Bunny, I tried to be tricky about where I hid the baskets this year. I pretty much failed with Hazel but I think it's possible that she peeked. Zizah's was easy considering she can't walk and doesn't really get what's going on but Speed took a few minutes. But that probably has more to do with him being grouchy when he first wakes and less to do with my hiding skills. We had a nice relaxing morning and then several nice hours of church.
I had to teach one portion of the lesson for Relief Society but Zizah was kind enough to sleep through it. After we got home, we had a short photo shoot before heading off to the in-laws for Easter dinner. I think I already blogged about the family Easter egg hunt we had after dinner so I won't reiterate. It was a fun and relaxing day. And I know I might be a little bit biased but isn't Zizah just the cutest thing you've ever seen? I mean serious - she gives Meep* a run for his money.
*If you don't know who/what Meep is, go watch some Phineas and Ferb. Like now. You're welcome.
1 comment:
You've had a secret cute weapon all this time. That glow must just be her inner cuteness leaking out. Or perhaps she has a squishy cutetonium center. It's amazing how they all look so much bigger and more grown up already. And we were totally just there two months ago.
Post a Comment