Saturday, April 20, 2013

2013 1st Quarter Update (with a little Christmas thrown in)

Here are a few gems from Noah's file for the last few months:

I was asking Noah what sounds different animals make and he was obligingly making the corresponding noise. Then I asked him what a platypus says. It took me a minute to understand his “bedoobie” like noises meant “Doobie, doobie, doowah. Doobie, doobie, doowah...”

I was getting Noah ready for bed tonight when he asked so sweetly, “Noah and Mommy and Daddy watch Missbusters (Mythbusters)?” It was also rather out of the blue. He'd never mentioned Mythbusters before.

Noah was down to the last few pieces of cereal in his bowl at breakfast. He informed Alex that they were little cars and supplied their sound effects, "Honk, honk. Beep, beep." He then gave the milk a little stir to make them go.

Noah got the hiccups one night at dinner. He was a little confused about what was going on and told us, "I'm choking." Now he insists that they're called "pick-ups" like pick-up trucks and pick up toys.

I think I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Loving it! Though Jacob did scowl when he saw the picture with Lindsey. I'm quite certain that next time, we're getting the VIP tickets!
Noah's such a cute, funny boy. The kids are going to love that sandbox when we visit in July! And I should probably introduce my kids to Mythbusters now that I think about it - I'm guess they'll at least like the explosions even if the science part if over their heads still. :)

John said...

Great lines and great pictures!