Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Grandma Knutti

Karen, I'll take you up on that. I put some thoughts down on my blog yesterday, but not here.

I remember fondly the trips to Grandma and Grandpa Knutti's house. I remember that Fruit Loops were my favorite cereal and Grandma made sure there was plenty when we came. I remember Grandpa and Grandma keeping Barbie dolls in the attic and getting them out for us to play with while we visited.

The thing I remember most about Grandma was her glass menagerie. I loved all those little glass animals and trinkets. The cats caught my fancy most, I think. I even gave Eva a glass kitty for her birthday, because it reminded me of Grandma's collection.

I remember taking the kids out two years ago and visiting Grandma. She was so excited that we were coming. She rearranged her chairs so everyone, even the wiggly kids that didn't want to sit, would have a place to sit. She fussed over the kids when they didn't get what they wanted.

I am thankful that I was able to visit with her as often as I did. It gives me a different perspective living here with all of Chad's family so close. We see his grandmothers and parents and siblings at least once a week. Sometimes, we spend a Sunday afternoon just sitting in a grandma's living room and visiting while the kids rum rampant. Not being able to visit my family as often has been hard. When you are close enough, visit as often as you can.

I know that Grandma is happy and with Grandpa. I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and my knowledge of the Plan. I know that through Him, we can become perfected, after all that we can do, and live as families forever.

Grandma lived a wonderful life. She has a wonderful posterity. We can be thankful for all that she contributed to the wonderful lives that we now live.

No comments: