Saturday, May 3, 2008

So...

Well, if that wasn't just the weirdest but coolest couple of days of my life!! :-)

We're now home and after a nice nap for everyone and Hazel's first at home feeding, we're all doing well. She's sleeping again and Jacob's off at the store picking up some things I didn't know we needed and some lunch.

Hazel's doing really well, though she does have some jaundice. We have to go back to the hospital in the morning for her to get a little more bloodwork done to see if it's getting better or worse. I'm just really, really glad to be home. Jacob has been absolutely wonderful. He got the house all cleaned and all of Hazel's stuff ready yesterday. Most everything was still in disarray since we weren't expecting her for another couple of days.

I'm really tired and on all kinds of fun pain medication. Jacob said the pharmacist gave him a long, long lecture when he picked up my 3 prescriptions and I got a similar lecture from the nurse before leaving. I guess neither of us realized how much of a prescription drug abuse problem there is, especially in Utah. Not that either the pharmacist or the nurse was insinuating that either of us would start abusing my medication, but there was a lot of concern about keeping the medication secure so it doesn't get stolen. Weird. Anyway, overall I'm feeling pretty good - all things considered. Just very, very tired. I may go try to sleep some more since that is what Hazel is doing right now. Seems like a good idea to me. :-)

Thanks for all of the phone calls and the prayers. I know they helped us make it through the adventure of the hospital. Love you all and we'll try to take and post some more pictures later tonight.

5 comments:

Mom said...

So glad that you are home and that things are going well.
Most of my babies had jaundice when they came home also.
Do you get sun in through a window at any time during the day, if so strip her down to her diaper and place her with the sun shining on her for a little while at a time. IT does help.

Much love

Wendy said...

Mom is right. Saul had that jaundice too but that is all we had to do, come to think of it, Eva had it too. Most of the time, nothing to really worry about.... Things have been busy here with Saul's birthday and such and I just couldn't find a reasonable time to call. I didn't think 7 am my time, 6 yours would have been taken very well. I will try to call sometime, but that is my easiest time! I love you and am glad that all is going well. Look forward to the pics. Fun that Hazel and Saul share a birthday!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I had a few with jaundice, too--it could have something to do with different blood types (I have O, and a couple of my kids have B positive like Glen). Anyway, just keep her eating to flush it out.

Now go get some sleep!

David said...

LOVE the description at the beginning, Carolyn...where you said, "the weirdest but coolest couple of days of my life."

I can only imagine what a first time mom goes through. From a dad's perspective, I remember being on cloud 9 for quite a few days.

Congratulations! Glad Hazel has arrived safely. Sure love ya!

--Dave

Sarah said...

I'm still looking forward to the "weirdest but coolest couple of days of my life." And they're getting closer all the time! Only 86 days until August 1st... We are so glad you are both home and doing well. Love you guys!