Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to Zak

Zak is 30 today! He is quite thrilled about the very old age he has achieved. (And when I say thrilled, I don't use that word facetiously. He really is happy about it. I know, weird, right?) Tonight he is having a Mario Kart tournament with his brothers. Sunday will be the family celebration in Millville. We are having a school-themed gathering in honor of Zak's current student teaching status. We're having cafeteria style food, like hamburgers (but good ones, instead of gross mystery meat) and we're looking for some cafeteria trays on which to serve everyone.
We are also having a 1978 Trivia Test, which I may have Zak grade. Which in reality means that I will be helping to grade them, because I am his student teacher sidekick at home and I help him out with grading and with lesson plans. We have been reading The Miracle Worker this week and will be viewing the Disney version of the play sometime this weekend.
No, on second thought, I think we'll have everyone grade their own. I will include the test here and anyone who wants to can e-mail their answers to me. I don't think we have any prize or anything to give away, but I will post the results on the family blog and it might be kind of fun. That way all of you who are so far away can participate in what Zak calls his "entrance into middle age." I quietly disagree with this classification for many reasons, not the least of which is that I will be 30 in another 8 months. Plus, I am quite proud of my trivia test, so I want everyone to enjoy taking it as much as I enjoyed making it up. Here it is:

1978 Trivia

1. What day did 1978 begin with?

a. Monday
b. Friday
c. Sunday
d. Wednesday
e. all of the above

2. Which of the following serial killers were not arrested and/or convicted and sentenced in 1978?

a. Richard Chase, the “Vampire of Sacramento”
b. John Wayne Gacy
c. Ted Bundy
d. The Zodiac Killer
e. David Berkowitz, the “Son of Sam”

3. Who was president of the United States in 1978?

a. Richard Nixon
b. Jimmy Carter
c. Gerald Ford
d. Ronald Reagan
e. Bill Clinton

4. 1978 was the year that the priesthood and temple blessings were extended to all worthy males.

True or False

5. The first successful birth from in vitro fertilization happened in 1978.

True or False

6. In 1978, the Catholic Church had three different popes due to the death of two popes throughout the year.

True or False

7. Who won the World Series in 1978?

a. Mets
b. Red Sox
c. Yankees
d. Cardinals
e. Braves


8. Which currency first circulated in 1978?

a. Kennedy half dollar
b. Sacajawea golden dollar
c. Silver Eagle
d. Susan B. Anthony dollar
e. a and c

9. Why is October 13, 1978 such an important date to Zak?



10. Unscramble the five highest-grossing films of 1978.

1. NARPSUME HTE OMEVI
2. ERSGEA
3. DYRAUAST TNGHI REFEV
4. CLESO SUNNTROCEE FO THE TDIHR DNIK
5. NMLIAA SEUHO

11. Which of these bands were formed in 1978? Circle all that apply.

a. Duran Duran
b. U2
c. The Pretenders
d. Dead Kennedys
e. The Bee Gees

12. Unscramble the five biggest hit singles of 1978.

1. TYSNIA AVILE
2. EUORY HET ENO TTAH I AWNT
3. AYMC
4. IVSERR FO AOBLYNB
5. HGTNI FERVE

13. Nintendo released the Color TV Game 15 home console in 1978, along with the Computer Othello arcade game.

True or False

14. Atari released the Pinball Game System home console in 1978.

True or False

15. Zak is __ old this year, which is 30 years after 1978.

a. 30 years
b. dang
c. stinkin’
d. all of the above

3 comments:

David said...

ooohhhh!!!! oooohhhh! I know number 9!!!!! ok, thats really the only one I know but I wasnt even a twinkle in mom and dad's eyes yet. David and Zak should get together, he has struggled with turning 30. His solution is to meet his old buddies in Utah in August and climb Timp. Something about a mid-life crisis. . . I dunno. :) Happy Birthday Zak!!

Carolyn said...

am I allowed to use Google on this test? or is it a closed-internet test? cuz i'm doing it either way, i just know I'll do better with google at my disposal! :-) Happy Birthday, Zak!

Sarah said...

Uh, how do you think I came up with the test? Google and Wikipedia. The internet is such a wonderful invention. You can use whatever you want to complete the test!