Jacob and I went to my first pregnancy doctor's visit yesterday. I am officially 10 weeks along, which puts my official due date (well, as official as these things get) on May 15th. We're both very excited. The doctor says everything looks good and normal.
The "wow" moment was when we got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time. I had talked to lots of people about this, asking if it was too soon to expect to hear anything, and pretty much everyone said that it probably was. So I had convinced myself to not worry if the doctor didn't suggest trying to hear the heartbeat and to not worry if he did try but we didn't hear anything. But to our very pleasant surprise, he tried and we heard. :)
Jacob is convinced that we heard a boy's heartbeat (he'll be convinced this is a boy until the baby's born) but I've assured him we'll need to wait a few more months before we know that for sure. Either way, we're very happy and excited for the newest member of our family.
2 comments:
Great news! Just continue to take care of yourself and get lots of rest.
We are excited for you also.
That is so exciting! I remember that feeling. It is so awesome!
Post a Comment