Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Not so exciting

Well, since I haven't posted for a while, I will try it.
Our kids have also returned to school. The first few days had some excitement. Actually, the second was the most exciting for me.....You see, I pick the boys up from school in the afternoon, due to the hour and 20 min bus ride home, I arrived at the school to find only one child. Upon talking to the secretary and the Principal, no knew where our little Saul had gone. I was beginning to feel a little nervous since no one knew his whereabouts. Well, we called around (his teacher is a bus driver) and found his teacher had put him on the bus to go home. (Can we say not paying attention???? Elias had this teacher for 1st grade and he never rode the bus home, also Saul is written down as a car rider!) So.......we tried to get in touch with the driver for the bus he was supposed to be on and no luck, wouldn't answer the phone, didn't have it on...who knows. So, I have about an hour and 10 minutes to continue to call and wait and hope he is really on the bus. That was one of the longest hours I've ever experienced.
Thankfully, he was on the bus, passed out and dead to the world (he gets really sleepy in the afternoon and it was about 104 that day). He didn't know where he was and I got on the bus to get him off. I was not pleased to say the least with the teacher or the school and we had a little talk about it. It won't happen again! I have also informed Elias and Saul both that if they aren't together for going home to raise a ruckus until someone calls me to find out where they should be.

So, other than that, things have been fairly quiet around here, so to speak. Jesse is really entertaining us these days. He sings himself to sleep chanting "Mama, Papa". Chad still goes in sometimes to see what he needs, if I'm not around to remind him that he is just singing. He's a really fun kid and oh so fun to hear talk.

The other day, Elias was lamenting about all the jobs he felt he had to do and wisely said "Mom, whatever happened to the work chart?" I told him that was a good idea and immediately he moaned, hitting himself in the head, "Me and my big mouth! When will I ever learn to keep it shut!" It was just so funny. So I had to tell him about the time Janet and I were oh so wise and paid for it the rest of the time we lived at home. Remember, Janet, the time we thought it was a good idea to help Mom out by fixing dinner. Boy, did that come back to bite! Anyway, we have now resurrected the work chart and the kids are doing well with their assigned chores, not always happily, but they are getting done.

Eva is coming along in her reading and writing. She enjoys being here and ruling the roost. She likes to boss Jesse around, however, he is not liking it as much now days. Seems he has developed a little bossiness of his own.

Things are beginning to come back into a routine of some sort. I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't heard anything new about Sarah and Michael since Sunday. Hope everything goes well!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad Saul was okay! Sounds like a fun first week of school for you all. :)

Mom said...

I hope that the teacher and school NEVER do something like that again. That is really a scary feeling not knowing where your child is.
Good job Elias on remembering the work chart. It really is the best way to work things out for everyone.
I remember the meal coupon for Christmas and the resulting education that everyone around here got from that.
Thanks for sharing with all of us.