Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Hire

You know, sometimes things just come together. This must happen to everyone because I see it personally all the time.

I had a chat with my two partners this morning and we decided that it was time to hire another person. We have list of people that we're working off of--people we or our employees know so we have had much better luck than is typical from the regular "interview someone and hire them and lets see how they work out". We called the guy in charge of our Provo office and told him to make the offer. We wanted the new guy to give his two week notice today because we're kinda in a hurry and have some work waiting that he can start on immediately.

Call was made.

Guy resigned.

New guy starts the day after Labor Day.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I know. It's frightening, really, and I'm shaking my head right along with all of you. One of his employees has a term for this phenomenon of Glen's to make things work out just right: "Glengenuity". I assure you that these powers are only used for good now (because his wife won't let him do otherwise). Just ask him how he used his Glengenuity to help Elder Scott a few months ago.

What a good husband he is, and I am so proud of him!

Sarah said...

When you're good, you're good, right?

I want to hear how you used your Glengenuity to help Elder Scott. Do tell!

Mom said...

Yes, Glen, do tell about Elder Scott.